April 23, 2012

Beautiful New Journal for Moms Set to Debut Just in Time for Mother's Day


Most women can attest to the fact that pregnancy is one of the last, if not the last time that the world revolves around you -- or that you're numero uno, so to speak. Once your baby is born, suddenly you're "chopped liver" as my own mother likes to joke. Seriously, some women, myself included, get so wrapped up in being a mom, that they forget who they were before having kids, or who they have become in this new amazing yet utterly confounding role.

With Mother's Day fast approaching, I had to share a book I heard about, with all of the moms out there -- because while it is entitled, "For My Children," it is really a beautiful way to get back in touch with who YOU are as a complete woman, so that your kids will always have a keepsake journal to cherish, as a glimpse at the amazing human being that is you, their beloved mother.

Each page of this whimsically illustrated journal contains a prompt at the top, and then a blank page for your answer. I have to admit, when I first flipped through the journal, I was a bit crestfallen but not at all surprised that I didn't have answers to some of the questions that ask about my own personal favorites and current life. This is exactly why I NEED this journal. To get back in touch with who I am, because I am the person my children love most in the world, and they deserve to know the whole me.

Some of my favorite questions/prompts from the book are:

In what ways are your children different from you?
How do you measure success as a mother?
Who makes you laugh, and what do you laugh about?
Who have been your role models and mentors, and why were these people important to you?
People would be surprised if they knew you...?

And so many more. I am truly hoping to fill out at least one page of this journal every week, so that not only will I get back in touch with what feeds my soul, I'll be able to bare my soul to my kids.

I would highly recommend For My Children: A Mother’s Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom as the perfect gift to give your own mother, or any mom you know. What an amazing way to immortalize the wisdom and beauty of mothers.

For My Children: A Mother’s Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom will be released on May 8th, and is now available pre-order on Amazon here.

No comments: